Building the next generation of successful family business owners.
Greg McCann has over 15 years experience working with family businesses as a family business consultant, an employee in his family's businesses, a university professor and former director of a university-based family business center. His particular focus is on the upcoming generation and how to help them build a successful family and business.
Family Business Consulting
- Director (1998-2006) of the Family Enterprise Center at Stetson
University: Since 1998, Greg has worked with over 100 students and many of
their families, including retreats for family businesses.
- McCann & Associates Consulting, Founder in 2000. Works with family
businesses in the areas of succession, communication, conflict resolution,
gender issues and development of the next generation.
- Next Generation Consulting: Founder and Architect of Stetson
University's Family Enterprise Center and the Institute for the Next
Generation, based on the national award-winning Holistic Model.
- Strategic Alliance for Business Solutions (SABS): Cofounded with Dr.
Michelle DeMoss in 1994, partnering with law firms, banks, accounting
firms, Stetson College of Law, and other businesses to improve the
communication, client relations, professionalism, and other workplace
Experience in Family Business
- Research Coordinator, Glenbeigh: Worked with my family business, leading
the effort to help the company develop five new hospitals, including
successfully obtaining the state licenses for all five.
- Vice President, A. Thatcher: In 1987 began an entrepreneurial venture
with two family members. A. Thatcher Inc. was a company that designed
a prototype for franchises directly selling custom clothing to business
Education and Credentials
- Tenured Professor of Business at Stetson University
- J.D., With Honors from the University of Florida 1988 Licensed as a
member of Florida Bar since 1987
- B.A., Graduated from Stetson University, major in Accounting
- Licensed as a CPA in Florida since 1981
- Certified to administer and interpret the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Member of the Family Firm Institute, the Academy of Management and
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Family Firm Institute
- Recipient of the 2006 Barbara Hollander Award in honor of the founder
and first president of the Family Firm Institute
- Co-edited: "Family Business Gathering: The Holistic Model".
- When Your Parents Sign the Paychecks
If your family owns the business, your career decisions hit close to home. This new book is the only one written to help younger people decide whether to enter the family business and how to succeed if they do.
McCann & Associates
Phone: (386) 943-9235